Summer may have started, but we’ll be in the midst of the autumn season before you know it. This acts as a gentle reminder that winter is approaching. As such, fall makes a good time to prepare for your home heating needs to avoid the winter rush. However, with all of the heating oil companies out there today, it can be a daunting task to decide on which one you’ll work with. Each company has its own share of promises, some are pretty general, while others can be eye-catching.
With that being said, how can you tell if a heating oil company is better than the other? What are the things you should look out for to make sure a company stands out for all the right reasons? In today’s post, the top HVAC and heating oil company, Burch Oil & Propane, shares some factors and things you should look out for when finding a heating oil delivery company to work with.
Types of Heating Oil Companies
1. Full-Service Fuel Oil Companies. A full-service company like Burch Oil & Propane sells fuel and offers a wide array of services. These kinds of companies offer automatic delivery, 24-hour emergency service, budget plans, fuel tank and equipment maintenance, service plans, and even new equipment installation.
2. Discount Fuel Oil Companies. Unlike full-service companies, they do not offer any services except delivering oil to customers around their area on a “cash on delivery” basis.
What to Look for In a Heating Oil Company
1. Look Up Information and Reviews of the Company. This tip goes for any industry or niche you are working with. Before you plan a fancy dinner, more often than not, you’ll find the best restaurants within your area with positive reviews and credible information to back up their services. The same thing can be said when choosing a heating oil delivery company. If you find a company that piqued your interest, comb through their reviews, testimonials and their “About Us” page to learn more about them. Through this page, you can gain an insight into a company’s core values, standards, service areas and the services that they offer.
2. Operating Hours. Always remember that your heating and cooling equipment works around the clock to keep your home comfortable, and so should your heating oil and service company. Some companies close down before the end of the day, while others are on-call 24/7, all-year-round. It can be a huge relief knowing that you have a company you can rely on at any time of the day.
3. Do They Have Licensed Technicians? Before choosing an HVAC and heating oil company to work with, skim through their site to see if they have licensed technicians. Here at Burch Oil & Propane, we have certified in-house consultants and technicians ready to serve you at a moment’s notice. You don’t have to go through the burden of looking for separate companies as we are a one-stop-shop for your home’s HVAC, fuel, and heating needs.
4. Automatic Delivery. A company that offers automatic oil delivery gives homeowners peace of mind. At times, homeowners can be forgetful to call an oil delivery company to restock their fuel reservoirs. You don’t have to worry about that when you work with Burch Oil & Propane. We’ll monitor the oil levels of your tanks and we’ll deliver a fresh batch of heating oil straight to your home so that you’ll never run out of fuel.
5. Is it a Family-Owned or Conglomerate Business? Most fuel oil companies fall under the family-owned or conglomerate categories. A family-owned company like ours offers impeccable customer service, knowledge of the local climate, and we are deeply embedded in your local community. Not to mention that you have direct contact with us if you have any concerns. When you work with a conglomerate, they can provide you with more options and financing, but you’ll generally sacrifice working with a local company.
With all of these details, hopefully, you can decide on a heating oil delivery company to trust in for the years to come. Remember that this is a significant investment that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
For all your HVAC and heating oil needs, trust in Burch Oil & Propane! We’re a family-owned company with certified technicians that are ready to serve you. Call us at (301) 373-2131 or fill out our contact form for a free quotation. We serve Hollywood, MD, and the rest of Southern Maryland.